Monday, June 12, 2006

Papers

In this life everything seems sliightly more complicated than it needs to be.

In order to go to school I have to see an advisor and register for classes... In order to register for classes I have to show proof that my immunizations are all up to date. My parents lost my records. So I had a Doctors apt today - I told the nurse over the phone when making hte apt that one of the reasons I was there was to get my MMR and dt immunizations. I also told the receptionsist this. Then the doctor came in to see me did his usual stuff. And since I am HMO I really am there just to get a referral so that I can see a Neurologist, who will really be taking care of my case, but I cant just go straight to him unless I wanted to pay more monthly. So the Doc leaves and tells me to wait. Then the nurse comes in and takes me to another place which looks like where you set up the next apt and so forth. I havent had my shots yet but I am starting to think "Oh maybe I get those when I get my lab work done" But as the prcoss starts to go along I start to realize, that probably isnt the case. So I tell the lady I was here to get my MMR and Dt. And she brings the nurse back, who was nice, but also told me I need to tell them this at the beginning.... I did, on the phone an when I first arrived! WOW!

so I got my referral to the Neurologist and call to make an apt. BUT I cant yet until they get the referral is faxed to them, and that hasnt been done yet so I have to wait until tomorrow

Wouldnt it be great if you could just walk in to a clinic, ask for a Neurologist and one pops up and could see you... That would be amazing

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our healthcare system is so complicated and it seems to not be able to serve the people very well because of all the hoops to jump through. I for one would not want to attempt to structure or build a system like this because mine would be worse than the current one, but I hear you on the frustrations of not being able to move forward because of the necessary steps to take (and the ones that the doctors have to take).

I hope things work out. Keep us posted.

coryandfarah said...

What he said. And say what? Immunizations have to be up to date to attend school? I've never heard of anything like that before. Is this because you were born out-of-state or something like that? When Farah applied for the immigrant visa (green card) we had to get her immunizations up to date, an HIV test, and a chest X-ray. It cost a fortune but it's what got her in the country and I guess it's what will get you in school. You gotta listen to the man, right. Did you know that if you are HIV+ that they won't allow you to immigrate to the US!?