Thursday, June 08, 2006

Something in the air

Nothing was as it usually is. Its musical chairs behind me at work - everyone who sits there ends up leaving soon after. Its just become vacant again, I know how to reel em in and keep em. When things like that happen I feel the heightened sense that I must do something to break shake things up. Its that feeling that everyone is moving but I'm static. But I know must stay.

I havent done much writing, listening to music or even blogging as of late. But suddenly Im flooded with activity

Its wierd when the world around you seems to somehow reflect your feelings and where you are at. Walking into work the air was light and it felt cool, in vegas. The sky was insane tonight. Lighting stretched across itthe blackness seeming to leave permanent scratches in the sky. The thunder was in surround sound. Walking outside felt as if I was in another time and space. In Vegas where everything is fake fascades neon, plastic, and concrete, its rare that nature is palpable aside from the sun...

But something is in the air

3 comments:

coryandfarah said...

Something is in the air when Vegas feels cool! ;) It's great to have these moments. These are the days (sing it!).

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great night to truly enjoy. So, what's the deal with people moving on at work? Are they being promoted or simply leaving for other jobs?

mbeano said...

a little bit of both, either movign to other departments, moving out of state. Right now, I need to stay where i am and concentrate on school