Monday, June 19, 2006

"People say..."

So I was browsing the personals and there is somethat that I don't quite get which kind of bugs me. I don't quite understand why a guy or girl would right "people tell me I'm good-looking" or something similar.

This sounds like an attempt to say you are attractive without sounding too full of yourself, because its other people who are supposedly really saying it. But, to me, its just lame. You dont have the balls to say you think you are good looking and even worse, you are trying to hide it, and think you are getting away with it.

But that's not even the part that is so ridiculous and annoying. The real reason is: Why do I care if other people say you are attractive? If I thought your pics were ugly will this statement magically turn my opinion around? - "Ya know, at first I thought I was lookin at a dog's ass but now that you say people think you're attractive, that dog's ass is lookin mighty fine!.... RRRRRUFF" If I already thought you were hot will the thought that other people think you are attractive make you even hotter?

NO... ridiculous. That's like some yawn of a person trying to convince me they are funny when nothing laughable has escaped their mouth intentionally ... "but everyone says I'm funny"

My mom says Im special and she also repeatedly says any girl would be happy to have me... even after I came out

1 comment:

coryandfarah said...

It hasn't happened much in the last couple of years because of the extra baggage I am carrying around my waist but years ago I was frequently told by many Japanese and Taiwanese people that I looked like either: Superman, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, or Tom Cruise!! Isn't that just outrageous?! I mean, hey, if they think I look like a celebrity that's fine with me. True or not, I'm not going to argue with them! So do I or did I ever resemble any of these? No. Absolutely not. But to them I might have because I was probably the only white guy they ever met. So the important question to follow 'People say I'm funny' or 'People say that I look like P-Diddy' is: who said it?!!? ;) Right??? Funny post, Mike.