Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Doppio Dreams

Valentines day...

...

hmmmm I got nothing

I don't mean anything material, I mean it was just uneventful. The most that happened today was that one of my lame dreams came true, well somewhat: The haircut lady thought I was Italian!

It has been one of my ridiculous life quests to eventually become Italian. This germinated from my last name, and Life is Beautiful. When I get plastic surgery I may even try to go for a slight Italian look... Whatever that is. And the ONLY reason I would ever want children is so I can have odd little Asian freaks running around speaking Italian, and so I can yell joyously "MY BAMBINO SABINOS" (Ecstatically waving both arms in the air). There really is no other desire in me for children, outside of this dream and being left out when everyone else has kids. If I do ever have my bambinos I will have to edit out the rest of their childhood from my existence... hmmm I guess that means, from their perspective, some strange man (who somehow "isn't quite right") occasionally will come in and joyously call them bambinos, hug them, throw money at them, make them prepare a cocktail for him and then disappear, with another strange man, and some strange little Asian girls (my faghags) who cackle loudly.

DOPPIO! - SIDENOTE: I worked at Starbucks for one month, and had a crush on a starbucks boy. While the manual suggests that "Doppio" means a double shot, I beg to differ. My Definition ..1 is an exclamation point carrying with it an added connotation that means what it sounds like - dope dufus dork or whatever, but with an affectionate almost proud way. You would yell it joyously like when you yell "BAMBINO"! Definition ..2 was one of many code/pet names for starbucks crush, but only to be used when appropriate as an ending exclamation. i.e. "Guess who I ran into today? DOPPIO!"

But going away from dreamland and back to haircut lady... She thought I was Italian not just from my name but from looks as well.

DOPPIO!"

That was scary! I was thinking "shit, and this lady is going to cut my hair?" but it turned out OK I guess

So outside of this, 2 somewhat big events have came up. 1st the sad/bad. My uncle died. I spent alot of time running around this uncle's house with my little cousin, tearing up their furniture cushions and rearranging the couches to make furniture fortresses and fly out of them in my Superman cape made out of blankets. Occasionally the neighbor boy came over to play as well. He was always Robin to my Batman and we would always get caught in some dastardly trap like on the campy TV show - the "trap" being us rolling around tangled up together underneath the sheets.... Hmmmm I wonder if this gave away my "secret" identity.

Damn, those were the days! When life consisted of nothing more than making shit up in your head and running around and making the rest of the world conform to this vision, while uncle tried to shove food in your mouth while you are "flying" around the house. "These sofas and loveseats rearranged with massive cushions, is our INDESTRUCTIBLE FORTRESS OF SOLITUDE!" and everyone would follow. "Roll around with me under the sheets We're trapped!", and neighbor boy would just follow. Today, somehow, for reasons that escape me, that would be creepy! hahaha They don't just follow like they used to.

DOPPIO!

The other big event is that it has been 3 months, I passed my test, I am finally permanent FT status at work, and that means pay raise, bigger discount, and BENEFITS! I can go to the Doctor again SOON! And hopefully I can have my eyelids fixed and paid for by insurance! I can't wait for this surgery! I almost want to go completely opposite from the sleepy tired faded stoner eyes I have now, since they have such a downer impact. A part of me wants to go 180 and have wild wide open excited eyes almost like Im on uppers, or just INSANE hahahahahhaha!

DOPPIO!

3 comments:

coryandfarah said...

Welcome!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your uncle.

coryandfarah said...

(That was "welcome" and everything that I wrote on your MySpace blog)