Thursday, February 16, 2006

Earf!

I love it sometimes when something so small can bring you such joy. The other day I had me some chinese food. I haven't had chinese in a long time. Usually when I order chinese I have to try and eat all the vegetable crap first and save the meat for last cuz I usually don't like eating things that weren't once alive. So I gulped down those baby carrots snow peas and ... other stuff, waiting in anticipation till I get me a nice big piece of meat in my mouth. Then I bit into a mushroom

LUSCIOUS!!! Juices were bursting inside my mouth! Who knew plant-life could be so fuckin juicy? It was one of those moments where you somehow feel much more closely connected to the earf! and you think to yourself "Mother fuckin NATURE!" .. even though, ironically you are eating the earf. Maybe it feels like this only to idiots who have no connection at all to mother earf, who lives his life often sheltered from the sun.

It was one of those days where the tiniest things were just amazing. I was drinking tea as well and thinking "Dude... the elders sure knew what the fuck they were doing cuz this tea is making everything else taste sooo much better".

EARF!

This brings up one of my other fantasies and also ideas for business.. not for myself but for whomever is One with the land, ...and stuff. Now I have never been a really capable person who can survive and macgyver my way around and live off the land. So I know they have camping and back to nature trips. I have never even been fishing. It has been a small wish of mine to kill my own food. So this mushroom shit has brought that desire back. There should be a city slicker retreat where you have to kill you meals. But for the pathetic and also those with poor coordination and bad depth perception, the owners can just thrown down a dead animal and pretend you actually killed it: "Look ma! This here yeller feller nabbed him a biggin! Good on ya!" -- Cuz those who live off the land and kill their own food always talk like that, of course

Maybe I've been watching too much Lord Of The Rings - the box set just came in the mail.

The day consisted of other small pleasures like a great episode of Lost, Project Runway being on, and Yahoo had this advertisement with the cutest guy on it that I had to go back to whenever taking a writing break... But nothing quite compared to the bursting of earfly juices in my mouth.

Damn that mushroom head was luscious!

No comments: