Monday, February 27, 2006

Wallow in Waste

It's rare that I remember my dreams, and I barely remember this one, maybe just a small part of it...

One of those horrible ugly little creatures that parents insist on believing are cute, ya know... babies. This of course excludes my lovely little nieces, all 3, and my cousin's little one as well. But the one in my dream was actually not so bad. It was not nearly as grotesque as those alien little newborn coneheads. No sane person can honestly admit that their freshly cracked newborn is cute.

Mothers can be excused their insanity, after-all they are hopped up on drugs and an epidural - which, by the way, is quite heavenly, and I'm speaking from experience. They have carried this creature in their belly for nine months, then spent the last few hours expelling the beast out their vagina. THEIR VAGINA... try pushing some screaming LIVING thing outta any of your orifices and see how sane you will be... I've seen several of those slimy suckas being squeezed outta the pink darkness and none of it is pretty...

But back to my dream... baby

There it was on all fours, naked and quite content. But something was not quite right. The little mutant began to crawl with a strange awareness, determination, and purpose that newborns do not possess. It was like it had the movement, drive and intent of an adult. It knew where is was going and what it wanted. Its movements were firm stable and sure, without a hint of wobbling, or lack of focus. Then suddenly, it went straight into a muddy mess. It was flooded in feces, and playing with it. The idiot creature knew what it was, went after it, and continued to cover itself in it. It had the movements and determination of an adult but did not have sense enough to know not to play in its own excrement. This seemed to go on forever and baby never seemed to tire of it. It didn't even cry.

Now I know I was watching the baby baste itself in this brown batter, yet I can't help but wonder if this was me. I know I, in the dream I never felt myself playing or seeing from the creature's perspective, but I do wonder if its supposed to represent me in some way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a gift to interpret dreams so I could tell you what that means. Or no, wait, I think it means that you are supposed to give your iPod to me. :)

Intense dream.

coryandfarah said...

You didn't wake up with a load in your pants, did you?

Interesting dream, Mike. Maybe it illustrates how we need to have fun with the shit that comes our way rather than avoiding it completely?