Sunday, February 19, 2006

Punchy - Work vs Life

Punch in, punch out. Input, output. Get ready to get up, get ready to lay down. Fuel up, and garbage out. Then fill in the gaps.

Is this it?

You know what you will do tomorrow, and the next day and the day after that. I wonder where life went even as I file it away. LIFE… LIVING has become the afterthought to work. Everything has revolved around the work clock…

I have a new schedule in March – 3pm-12pm. At first I wasn’t so sure about it. Now I am really happy with my choice. I was thinking I would not like it at work at night because time may go by too slow, I would see everyone go home before me, no one at work would have my schedule (only 2 shifts are at this time) and I would not see my work friends at work. Then it hit me, these were complaints mainly revolving around work itself, placing work at the center. This schedule actually puts my LIFE first – it allows for school, and going out and having a weekend. Life so easily starts to revolve around work with everything else becoming secondary. I’ve done that before, no more.
Where did my randomness and spontaneity go? SCHNARF!

Kill the routine!

SCHNARF! SCHNARF!

1 comment:

coryandfarah said...

Yes, kill the routine and mix things up a bit every now and then! A change in your work sched can be a great thing, especially since you are working until midnight. You can save more mula and have more time to do your thing during the day. By the way, it's 3PM to 12AM (not 12PM), right? I hope so anyway because 21 hours is a long-ass shift!! ;)