Thursday, February 16, 2006

Word!

So I think I have discovered that I really do like to write, and sometimes even love it. I never thought that I did. I considered myself a storyteller and want to direct but never thought I loved writing. My problem is focus and discipline. Lately I have had a problem with the script. I know what needs to go down next, but only small bits and pieces are coming out. I think this is because I need to find a way to emotionally connect with this part of it. I find myself REALLY enjoying writing small things like blogs and other little odds n ends, as well as certain sections of the script. But certain parts it is taking forever to get past. A writing partner would be great, so I can immediately bounce ideas off of, and so we can spark each other. Victor was that at first, but I soon found that this was not a reliable source. But that energy I do want at the moment.

I love it when I get into a certain mode and things just flow, which is what all of my blogs tend to be there isn't any editing outside of spellcheck sometimes, or forethought. It's just fuckin writing what is in my head and that's why I enjoy them so much I guess.
Maybe right now in the script its hard because I have no one else to push me and its an exposition area, where certain things just have to happen and that isn't as interesting or emotionally involving, but I need to find a way to make it so.

No comments: