Monday, April 17, 2006

What the Huevos?

I went down to LA for the first time in a LONG time. I was really nice to be back home.

It was my niece's 1st Bday, and I saw my sister's new house in Redondo for the first time. Of the family, I a the most disconnected. So it was nice to be with the whole family and it was a really nice day. All 3 nieces had a great day with their easter egg hunt. In typical asian fashion we ended up taking more than 400 pictures within a 4 hr. period (none of them coming anywhere near how good Cory's are)

Thankfully we only did an easter egg hunt and no painting eggs. I never quite understood the idea of painting easter eggs. Even as a 5 yr. old brat I thought to myself "And why I am doing this? What the hell am I gonna do with a painted egg... Don't give me no Jesus crap cuz he ain't got nothing to do with this shit" -I said it just like that too.

Seriously though. Painting easter Eggs? who came up with that and why? While easter egg hunts have nothing to do with Jesus and the resurrection at least I can see the fun in them:

"Well shit son, Not only did I find this colorful egg hidden in the bush, but damn, Is that chocolate? Who knew bunnies could spawn chocolate?"

Who can deny the fun adventure and tastiness of chocolate surprises? But painting eggs - its got nothing. As a 5 yr. old I'd rather paint on paper, color in my book, or hell anything else. Throw me some marbles and I'll be good for hrs. I'm sure Jesus ain't havin the painted egg thing either. In fact I think Jesus was talking to me when I thought to my 5 yr. old self "What the hell is going on here... painting eggs is the work of the devil, hand me more chocolate eggs. Damn it, why do I have to suffer through hunting them down... this suffering is unbearable, this must of been how bad it was for Jesus" - Yaaaaa thats it,

But family time was fun. The nieces love Uncle Michael. I enjoy being an uncle, because it comes with none of my own responsibility. It's a far better deal than actually having my own. I can just pop in, play a little, give some gifts here and there and instant love, then run

Being back home is soooo great. I still call LA home. most of my best friends are there. I was feeling isolationist before going down and was not sure if I wanted to see everyone, but I did, and it was really great. I need to remind myself to keep pushing forward so I can move back to LA and be with them. I belong there. The drive back here from LA seems to get longer each time. I also had a decent conversation with Kid on the way down, the lack of contact was exactly what I thought, but I didn't even have to pry for info, he just offered it up.

I need to remind myself to think about the future, mine is there with them. Everything should be about coming back home. My friends and career will be there. I need to start saving to go back as well

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»