Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Full Tilt

So I had a phone conversation with Koob recently. I love talking to him. Things also seem clearer after I have a good chat.

Somehow I got on the topic of gay stereotypes and I was mentioning that I don't think I'm the stereotypical faggot. I was patting myself on the back about how I don't seem to have the stereotypical overly feminine traits, or overly butch posture, the gay taste in music, the drama, or queenyness, or lisp, or trail at the end of the sentence, nor do i worship Divas and like shitty house music, and I don't know any musicals. I was quite proud of this "accomplishment"

While I am praising my own nonconformity and uniqueness from the rest of "those people", I ask Koob, "Do I have any stereotypical gayness?" And he says

Koob: "You do the head tilt"
Me: "THE head tilt"
Koob: "Yup, the head tilt"
Me: "You're not talking about the one they do when the are questioning or analyzing or observing something"
Koob: "That's the one"

My head snaps back in HORROR! Not Me! So I am sitting there, going through every time I can think and visualize myself thinking, questioning or analyzing something, esp. something physical. Memories flash in my head. I am deep in concentration, trying to conjure up every memory of this. Gradually the right side of my neck begins to crink. Why does my right shoulder fell a little heavier than it should? And why is the room slightly slanted?

As it hits me, I yell into the phone, facing it, as if the outdated green display were a screen he can see me in.

"I HATE YOU"

hmmmmmmmmm (finger slowly and sheepishly moving up toward mouth)

10 comments:

coryandfarah said...

The head tilt? Hmm... I haven't seen you in a while. Have you become gayer since the last time? You know, Koob needs to get a blog... but maybe he doesn't have time for one. So what does that mean for us???

Anonymous said...

Just don't get a Volkswagen Cabriolet and you'll be alright. Actually, maybe the Cabriolet was the gay car of the 80s. I haven't kept up on what the same-sex car of the new millenium is. :)

coryandfarah said...

It's the new Beetle, no?

mbeano said...

Ya the Beetle is flaming... But I do love VW.

If there werent enough Str8 enthusiasts of the MiniCoupe that would be the new homobile but the str8s love it too

mbeano said...

Cory? I'm lost, what does what mean for us?

Anonymous said...

What about gay guys who adopt children or had them in their straighter days? Are there flamin' mini-vans or are they SOL when it comes to the a stylish car?

coryandfarah said...

Koob doesn't have time to blog and apparently we do--what does that say about us? Maybe this is closer to what I was trying to say last night as I was falling asleep in front of the computer... No deep meaning....

Sorry, you can't have the Mini!

Ryan, to answer your question, I think that they drive the Astro van!

mbeano said...

Cory. Nah, I choose to believe this doesnt say much about us. He just doesnt blog because he can't read or write

Ryan, the gays who adopt will most likely have an plush SUV or wagon like a Suburu or Volvo. Astro Van? - That is no faggot!

coryandfarah said...

Mike, you're missing my pun. ASS-TRO van!

mbeano said...

hahahha! WOW! How could I miss that!