Saturday, March 18, 2006

She only cries when...

I am the lamest brother on earth. My sister is over visiting and I completely forgot to call her on her birthday a few days ago.

She brought my little niece as well, When I saw the baby this morning I walked over to it, to say Hi. I've only seen this niece, in person, once. As I was walking over to it, she was looking at me with great curiosity, like a foreign creature she had never before - Like a fawn frollicking in the snow after you've just walked through a wardrobe . She seemed very happy and content, smiling and playing with her food.

The instant I touched her, the gates of hell opened. It knew, she watched me approach from afar, studied me intently and then unleashed her deadly defense mechanism instinctually. It could sense I am an enemy to babykind. Damn those little things are loud and relentless. How does such wail come out of such a little thing -BANSHEE!

My sister came downstairs a few minutes later. I related to actions of her offspring to her - I told on baby! Then my sister said to my mom "See didn't I tell you she would cry? She only cries around Michael"

5 comments:

Jack H said...

I'm just a drive by - pay me no never mind. But I hopped through this here blog, and just wanted to say, the boy writes well. Might choose his similies with a bit more tact, but even so...

Farewell!

J

coryandfarah said...

Try switching your cologne, Mike! Maybe it's the smell that opens up the gates of hell! ;) Funny. Whatever you do, just be sure to watch those similies, Mike! Huh???

Anonymous said...

The more you see her, the less she'll cry. Hopefully anyway.

mbeano said...

Well thanks for the Drive-by compliment Jack H

Jack Cash... that is kinda weird. I had no idea another Koob exists. But there can only be 1, your end days are near, enjoy them :P

damn those smileys

stef choi said...

i don't know what to say... it's amazing